Industrial designer & HCI researcher
Open, persistence, full of curiosity and passion.
I used to focus on refining products to cover overlooked needs, and delivering simple but novel solutions to empower people.
Right now, I focus on user experience design and interactive design holistically, to deliver value and care which can simplify and clear user interactive experience.
Hohai University | Nanjing, China Sept. 2013-June. 2017
B.E. in Indusrtrial Design, College of Mechanical Engineering
Course :Design Sketch; Ergonomics; Engineering Graphics; Modeling; Sculpture; Innovation Design of Service; User Experience and Product Innovation Design
Zhejiang University | Zhejiang, China Sept. 2017-June. 2020
M.E. in Industrial Design, College of Computer Science & Technology
Course :Interaction Design of Human-Computer Interface; Innovation Design; Service Design; Integrated Design; Emotional Design; Business Design; Design strategy
National University of Singapore | Singapore Aug. 2020-Ph.D. student in Industrial Design, School of Design and Environment
Reviewer | CHI LBW 2020 Jan. 2020
Research Intern | NUS-HCI lab, NUS Jun. 2019-Jan. 2020
1. Investigate several natural multi-modal interaction techniques to enhance the interactivity of computer
2. Conduct visual design; Experiment; Literature review, Manuscripts.
World Eco Design Conference | Guangzhou, China Sept. 2018-Jan. 2019
1. Take charge in all phases of exhibition arrangement, including selection, display, advertisement, promotion, management.
DietLens | NExT++ Research Center, NUS Feb. 2018-Aug. 2018
UI & UX design Intern
1. Take charge in all phases of UI & UX design for mobile application, including concept, personas, competitive analysis, wireframe, mockup (flinto), visual design and usability testing.
2. Design promotional web; Design Promo video; Conduct visual design of brochures, info-graphics, posters.
ADAPSHOE | Exhibited on Dubai Design Week and World Industrial Design Conference May. 2017-Oct. 2017
UI & UX & Animation & product design
1. Sketch and concept design
2. Conduct quantitative user research among sedentary workers; Built personas according to the analyzed result；Design UI & UX for matchable IOS application.
3. Design Propaganda; Make promo video (After effect)
Redesign of the abandoned bicycle | Be awarded as National Undergraduate Program May. 2015-Jun. 2017
for Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
1. Conducted multiple research background; Organize the brainstorming
2. Do concept design and redesign; sketch; Model and prototype concept; Do usability testing
Outstanding Graduate & “Triple-A” Outstanding Graduate of Zhejiang University Dec. 2019
Outstanding Graduate Leadership & Youth League award of Zhejiang University Dec. 2018
iF design talent award 2018 Aug. 2018
Alibaba Geek Prize (Technology & Innovation Group) Oct. 2017
Dubai Design Week Oct. 2017
National Scholarship Nov. 2016
Red Dot Concept Design Award (Product：Rear Carrier+) Sept. 2016
Kdesign Concept Design Award (Product: Bicycle Guardian) June. 2016
IDEA Concept Design Award (Product: Bicycle Guardian) May. 2016
IF Student Concept Design Award (Product: Catcher) May. 2016
Academic Scholarships of Hohai University 2013-2016
Outstanding Student & Outstanding Student Cadres of Hohai University 2013-2014
S Sheshadri, S Zhao, Y Chen, M Fjeld. (2020) "Learn with Haptics: Improving Vocabulary Learning with Free-form Digital Annotation on Touch-screen Mobile phones," Proceedings of the 2020 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing System
Y Lin, H Guo, Y Chen, C Yao, F Ying. (2020) "It Is Your Turn: Collaborative Ideation With a Co-Creative Robot Through Sketch," Proceedings of the 2020 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing System
Yang Chen, Yuyu Lin, Junwu Wang, Lijuan Liu, Cheng Yao, Fangtian Ying. (2019). IPANDA: A playful hybrid product for facilitating children ’ s wildlife conservation. In Proceeding CHI EA '19 Extended Abstracts of the 2019 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems.
Yang Chen, Yuyu Lin, Lijuan Liu, Cheng Yao, Fangtian Ying.(2019).Shadower: Applying shadows to children'soutdoor interaction. In Proceedings of the UBICOMP/ISWC 2019.
Yang Chen, Yuyu Lin, Lijuan Liu, Ziyu Liu, Cheng Yao, Fangtian Ying.(2019).ShadowHunter: Facilitating children’s Outdoor exploration with shadows. In Proceedings of the HCI international Conference.
Lijuan Liu, Cheng Yao, Yuyu Lin, Yang Chen, Ziyu Liu, Fangtian Ying.(2019).AquaBot: An Interactive System for Digital Water Play.In Proceedings of the HCI international Conference.
Lijuan Liu, Yang Chen, Pinhao Wang, Yizhou Liu, Caowei Zhang.(2018). Papercut: Digital Fabrication and Design for Paper Cutting.In Proceeding CHI EA '18 Extended Abstracts of the 2018 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems.